ASBESTOS REMOVAL LOGAN CITYHOME TO THE MOST TRUSTED ASBESTOS REMOVALISTS
Only Competent, Reliable and Transparent Contractors Receive Our Endorsed Approval.
Protect Your Health, Protect Your Pocket, Trust Only Asbestos Watch Logan City Approved Contractors.
Be aware of asbestos exposure during minor renovations
If you are thinking about renovating, demolishing, or doing DIY small repairs to your home, you need to be aware of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs). During a minor renovation, accidental fibre exposure may be simply caused by someone putting up a new picture in the wall, kicking his or her foot through ceiling sheet, or even cleaning up debris in the garden.
Certain tasks, such as using power tools for drilling, cutting, grinding, sawing and sanding, can release a significant amount of fibres to the air. The use of a high-pressure water sprayer for cleaning can also generate fibres.
Examples of minor renovations involving fibrous materials are:
- Installation of plumbing components
- Installation of data cables or electrical components
- Surface preparation or maintenance of roofing, walls, flooring and ceilings
- Floor and tiling covering tasks
- Removing fibrous cement sheets less than 10 m2 in size.
You should never use power tools on ACM products as they may cause damage that generates fibres. In some states in Australia, activities on ACMs using power tools are illegal.
However, if accidental exposure occurs, take some steps to manage the accident by preventing further occurrences and reducing personal exposure risks. For example, you could wipe down surfaces with a wet towel, remove broken pieces, close windows, and doors, or even temporarily relocate.
Read more about fibrous materials here:
Common locations of ACMs in a house
It can be difficult to tell if your house has ACMs, just by simply looking at it. As a general rule, if your house was built:
- Before the mid-1980s, then it’s highly likely to contain fibrous products
- Between the mid-1980s and 1990, then it’s likely to contain fibrous products
- After 1990, it’s highly unlikely to contain fibres
Your house may have friable and non-friable ACMs. Non-friable ACMs are not dangerous if they are in undamaged and in good condition. Non-friable materials are often also known as ‘AC sheeting’ or ‘fibro’, they typically contain 5-20 % of fibres.
Locations where you can find non-friable materials:
- Roof sheeting
- Flues and water pipes
- Eaves, gables
- Wall sheeting (a weatherboard or flat style)
- Backing boards to switchboards
- Flexible building boards
- Sheds and car ports
- Telecommunication pits
- Expansion joints
- Window putty
- Concrete formwork
- Brick cladding
While, friable materials are potentially very dangerous. They can contain up to 100% of fibres. The fibres can be turned to dust and become airborne with very light pressure.
Locations where you can find friable materials:
- In the backing of vinyl floors
- Fire doors
- Stoves, pipe lagging, hot water systems, and old domestic heaters
- Vermiculite insulation material
If you are unsure whether your house contains ACMs or not, assume it does and take extra precautions. Seek help and advice from a professional consultant or get the suspected material tested by a laboratory.
Logan City asbestos removal and testing for a safe renovation project
No part of asbestos removal, testing, roof removal and management plan in Logan City should be conducted by anyone except a licensed and qualified removalist. It is very important to hire a reliable contractor so that any trace of fibrous material can be removed in accordance with regulations, without causing harm to the environment.
If you believe that your home or commercial premise has fibres, get in touch with us today! Asbestos Watch Logan City will connect you A-class licensed removalists to handle your entire ACM-related problems in commercial, industrial, or residential settings. Our endorsed members can handle all scope of ACM-related procedures regardless of the complexity and scale of the jobs.
They will remove the ACMS in your property and undertake all process in the best way possible. Whether it is your working or living space, our approved assessors have the necessary equipment, experience, and abilities to remove the harmful materials safely – at value prices!
They aim to deliver quality services at value costs. Here are services provided by our members:
- Asbestos removal Logan City: Removing all type of fibres within your premise.
- Asbestos testing: Sampling and testing by a professional assessor
- Asbestos roof removal: A detailed inspection of your roofs, including removal and replacement of your current roofs
- Asbestos management plan: Developing a sound asbestos management plan, control plan, report, and register for your business. They can also do a training awareness for your employees.
- Consultancy services: Review to assess the presence of ACMs in your property.
- Air monitoring: Environmental monitoring before and after a removal work.
- Soil remediation: Fast identification of soils.
- Demolition: Demolition survey before a renovation or demolition project.
- Emergency repair: 24/7 emergency services, as you need.
When it comes to asbestos removal and testing, trust no one but contractors in our list. Call our members today and get 3 free quotes for your project!
It's as easy as 1-2-3
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.